Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Favorite Patient

I'm beginning to think Dr. Morris wasn't just being sweet yesterday, and really meant it when he told me that I was his favorite patient.  He sure is keeping me around for awhile at least.  I am not getting to go home today like we had thought.  My hemoglobin levels were a little low yesterday, and have dropped even more since.  This is probably just due to the surgery, and nothing to be concerned about.  So, at the moment I am prepping for a blood transfusion.  I feel pretty weak, and this is probably due to my low levels (and lack of sleep.)  I also need to be well rested and my levels normal in order to start radiation and chemo on Monday, so hopefully this blood transfusion does the trick! 

Earlier this morning I went over to Radiology to get "mapped" for radiation treatment.  For this, they did another CT scan and made some markings on me.  These markings show them right where to "shoot" the radiation.  Currently, the markings are marked with permanent marker, but on Monday they will make permanent tattoo markings.  These will be similar to the size of a freckle.  I sure hope I'm still Jer's number one, even though I'm going to be tatted up now! :)

Well I think that's the latest for updates, and here's to getting home tomorrow!

Thanks for your continued thoughts, support, and prayers!
Meighan

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that the sped dept is thinking of you always. You are such a strong person Meighan. Thanks again for sharing with all of us.
    Miss ya lady!

    ReplyDelete