Tuesday, September 20, 2011

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

Well what would you like first...the good news or the bad news?  Good news it is...I finally got rid of my roommate!  I'm not sure who ever thought having roommates during a hospital stay was a good idea?  My nurse's kept telling me to rest, and I kept saying, "With all due respect, how do you expect me to do that?"  In the background my roommates TV was blaring while she was on the phone, talking very loudly.  Then her nurse would come in and have to scream in order to be heard over her TV.  As you can imagine, it was all very relaxing!  So since her departure I have been able to finally rest and relax.

Now for the bad news (although it's not that bad)...it doesn't look like I'll be getting out of the hospital today.  As long as they don't give me another roommate, I think I can handle staying one more night.  I haven't gotten up and at 'em yet, had any solid foods, or gotten off my morphine drip.  I need to tolerate all of these things before they will send me home.  So walking laps, eating solid food, and tolerating pain with oral pain meds is on the agenda for today.  Visitors are welcome to keep me sane! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment