Thursday, October 20, 2011

"The tumor is shrinking! They are very pleased!"

Now how's that for a text??? I guess I had some making up to do, and hopefully that text did just that!  As most of you probably already know, I found out yesterday that my tumor is shrinking and my doctor's are very pleased with the progress I am making!  This was great to hear, but also to see the looks on their faces!  Once again, I felt as if I was their only patient...I can't tell you enough how amazing all these medical professionals I see on a daily/weekly basis are!

Well I'm sure you've figured out by now, by reading the blog and seeing that Jerrid has posted twice this week, that I haven't been having the best week.  It seems the further I get into treatments, the worse the side effects get and the longer they last.  I think this is to be expected though.  When I get chemo on Monday's my nurses have to gown up, put gloves on, and put a special sack around the chemo when they are administering it.  This is to protect them from the toxins.  No worries though, those toxins are going into my body!  No wonder after 4 weeks of toxins being pumped into my body, I'm feeling as crappy as I am! 

I once again couldn't keep anything down on Tuesday, so they sent me for more fluids on Wednesday to keep me hydrated.  Dr. Morris also said he was gonna give me the "good stuff" (nausea meds) on his tab!  This seemed to help for a little bit, but by Wednesday evening was feeling crappy again.  I did make it out to eat with my parents and grandparents though, ate salmon and pasta, and kept it down!  This was a pretty big deal!  It's the little things in life!  After supper though, I barely made it back to the car and into my bed once we got home.  It was a little touch and go this morning, but I made it to radiation, picked Brayden up from preschool, and headed out to Avoca.  With Jerrid out of town for state cross country, and with the way I was feeling, I thought it was best that I had a little back-up...just in case.  With my grandpa and Judy still here from Buffalo, and then of course my parents...back-up I have!

Lastly, Sam wanted me to give a little info regarding t-shirts.  Some people have inquired about getting youth size shirts.  You can order youth sizes, small, medium, and large, and there will only be the front design on the youth size shirts.  Also, if you have any questions regarding shirts Sam's email is: sdeck@paplv.org.  She said she's been receiving a lot of orders, and you've got one more week to get your orders in!

Hopefully I continue feeling well and you'll hear from me again soon!

Lots of love to all,
Meighan



No comments:

Post a Comment