Thursday, May 31, 2012

WTF...Happy Birthday?!?!?!

Well for those of you that know me well, know that my birthday is a huge event...well at least I like to make it a huge event!  It's today, May 31st, at the end of the month...so I make sure to celebrate all month long!  I also expect extravagant gifts and things! :)  Someone obviously forgot to give my oncologist the memo regarding this.

As most of you know I've been doctoring regarding a hernia, so I went in for a CT scan last Thursday.  I got a call from Dr. Morris on Friday while we were on our way to Grand Island/Kearney for the weekend.  My scan showed some suspicious spots in my abdomen that needed to be looked into further regarding my history.  Hearing this was quite the shock beings I've been told for 6 months that my cervix is clean and everything is looking great.  So...there we went again...back to the unknown and waiting...the worst part of this entire process.  We somehow got through the weekend, but it was definitely an emotional roller coaster.

I went in Tuesday morning for a biopsy, and finally got a call this morning of my birthday from Dr. Morris.  He confirmed that the cancer is back and I have two masses in my abdomen that show up on the CT scan.  Although there are only two that show up, there are probably some other little ones that don't show up hanging around also.  So...here we go again!!  It's sounding like I will start chemo again and get a treatment once every three weeks, for 6 cycles.  After all of this, I will have another scan to see how I'm responding.  We still have a lot of questions, but will get those answered tomorrow morning when we go in to talk to Dr. Morris some more. 

I beat this thing once, so I can definitely do it again!  I responded very well to treatment the first time, so I'm confident that I will respond just as well to treatment the second time around.  I also believe in the power of positive thinking and prayer, and the more people to help me with that the better!  Continue your prayers, and positive thoughts...I appreciate them more than you know!

Here's to another great year!
Meighan

3 comments:

  1. You are such a strong person Meighan! My prayers are with you throughout your journey! PLEASE let me know if we can do anything at all!I have no doubt you will beat this once again!!! Hugs and Love!!! Kurt, Melissa and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing. Thoughts/prayers/thumbs up... everything being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meighan, lots of positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help you guys out! Kristin Delehant

    ReplyDelete