Thursday, January 17, 2013

Straight from the horse's mouth...or fingers I guess!

We met with Dr. Subbiah yesterday after the CT scans on Tuesday. Since I haven't been on treatment for a month he didn't tell us anything we already didn't know. My tumors are progressing. Because of this and because of the protocol for the trial I was on, I am unable to participate in that same trial. Therefore he gave me the options of finding something else to travel back and forth to in Houston or have Dr. Westin (Gyn Oncologist) find something that I can do in Omaha. I chose to find something in Omaha. We met with Dr. Westin today and she had two options for us. She is going to be in touch with Dr. Morris, as will I, and I'll get started ASAP. Each option is a chemo drug. We're headed home early tomorrow and I'm looking forward to being home. My legs are still very swollen and fluid filled so I have been in some pain from those but otherwise I'm doing ok!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good fight! Thanks for posting and keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete