Friday, January 25, 2013

TGICS!!!

Thank goodness I can shower!! All those things you all do on a daily basis are now daily struggles for me due to all the swelling I'm having along with weakness! Therefore, I need someone to assist me with a lot of things: getting out of bed, going up stairs, shower, making food, ect. An OT came out this week though and she's putting some things into place for me to help me be more independent and now that the swelling is going down I am becoming more independent also. The biggest hurdle now would just be the weakness...the littlest things take it all out of me. So...today is a big day! My mom is picking up a chair for my shower so I'm able to sit while I'll shower helping me with not only showering but there is no way I'd be able to stand long enough to get a shower in. But I will also probably lose any pride I had left...due to the swelling I'm unable to reach my toes and such so my mother will be shaving my legs and bathing me again like she did many moons ago! Oh the things you'll do to feel clean again...sponge baths just weren't cutting it!

Other than the shower chair I will also be getting a wheel chair so I can get out into the community! I should have that by tomorrow or Monday! I'm looking forward to that so I can go to a movie with my husband, shop a little with friends, just things I used to do!

I hope everyone has a great weekend...mine is shaping up to be pretty busy...I hope I can hang in there and get everything in!

No comments:

Post a Comment