Friday, September 16, 2011

The best news possible!

We just got back from meeting with Dr. Morris.  He went over the results of the CT scan, which showed that the cancer hasn't spread any further than the cervix, surrounding tissue, and vaginal wall.  This was great news!  Funny how your perspective changes in a weeks time...I never thought I'd be excited about Stage 2B Cervical Cancer!  The treatment for this will be 5 weeks of radiation and chemo.  I will have radiation Monday through Friday and chemo on Monday's.  The plan is to start treatments the week of September 26.  Next week, on Monday the 19th, I will have an intermediate procedure to move my ovaries up under my rib cage.  The reason for this is so I will have a chance to harvest eggs in the future if we choose, and so I won't go into early menopause.  This procedure will take place at Methodist Hospital and I will have to stay over night Monday night and possibly Tuesday.  I will be taking the next 2 weeks off from work to recover from the procedure, and then to see how I handle radiation and chemo.  From there, we will take things day by day.  Thanks for everyone's support and prayers through this entire ordeal!  We are so lucky to have such supportive family and friends!

Meighan, Jerrid, and Brayden

3 comments:

  1. Great news Meighan! Our thoughts and prayers are with you during surgery and treatment!
    Much Love,
    Bob, Kris, and Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the good news! Work won't be the same without you but we'll be praying for your quick healing and strength through all of this.

    Erika & Seth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know if you need rides, company, etc. Day, night, weekends, during school...we will be there to help! Glad the news was positive. Your outlook is inspiring!

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete