Monday, October 17, 2011

Mighty Max

Many of you might know, or have heard of,  Mighty Max, a young boy from Neola, IA, who is battling cancer.  Max's wish is to receive 1 million cards.  When I heard of this last school year, I sent out an email to my staff at school asking them to have their study hall's make cards for Max.  We sent over 350 cards from La Vista Junior High.  Throughout that process I thought to myself, what a sweet kid, only wanting cards.  Most kids wish for a vacation or to meet someone famous. 

I now know why Max had this wish.  It is amazing how much one little card can light up your day.  I can not thank you all enough for all of the cards you are continuing to send me.  Everyday my mailbox has at least four cards in it!  I always think they might stop coming, but they don't and I couldn't be happier about that!  I know it takes time out of your day to sit down, write me, address the envelope, and send off the card.  (I know this because I'm struggling with getting thank-you's out, but I promise you will get one!)  I truly appreciate you taking the time to do that for me!  I keep each and everyone of your cards, and read through them on my bad days when I don't have the energy to do much else.

Along with your prayers, support, food, messages, phone calls, and gifts, your cards are the biggest help in helping me continue to fight!  They are something I can always keep and keep coming back to.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Love,
Meighan

No comments:

Post a Comment