Monday, October 17, 2011

It wasn't Vegas, but...

Well...I made it through the weekend and still have a smile on my face!  I know it's been awhile since I've updated...so let's back track a little.

I spent Thursday night in Avoca, as some of us girls got pedicures that evening.  So Friday, I drove back over to Omaha for my radiation treatment.  Jerrid had picked up all boys' tuxes on Thursday along with my cousin, Jason, late Thursday night from the airport.  So after radiation I went and got him along with the tuxes.  We then went and picked up my Grandma McCarthy and headed back out to Avoca.  While everyone was busy getting ready for rehearsal dinner that was at my parent's house, I took a nice 3 hour nap!  Rehearsal went great, the dinner was very good, and the company was even better!  I felt great the entire day and night!

Saturday morning was a little touch and go for awhile, but I pushed through.  I ended up not going down to Oakland to have my hair done with the rest of the girls so I could sleep in a little, and I was very slow moving!  I did my own hair, and it turned out just fine!  By the time pictures started at noon, I was feeling a lot better and had mentioned wanting a pickle.  My mom didn't have any in the house, and the next thing I knew my dad and uncle had went and got me my own jar of pickles!  All weekend (really throughout this entire ordeal) everyone was catering to my needs, and jumping at the chance to do something for me.  This is definitely something I could get used to! :) 

The wedding was perfect, and thanks to my Aunt Kris, Cait, and my grandma I had a very stylish PICC line cover.  My best friend, Kellie, told me at first she thought that was part of the dresses until she realized I was the only one that had one.  (She's my best friend...she's supposed to make me feel good.)  My honest and loving husband told me it looked like a floaty.  I'll post a picture and you can all form your own opinions.





I chose not to ride the bus over to the Tip Top with the wedding party, as I thought it best that I rest a little as I had a couple hours before the reception.  So...Jerrid drove and Brayden and I rested!  The reception hall was decorated beautifully, and the food was very good.  After dinner, cake cutting, toasts, and first dances the dueling pianos started!  Anyone that knows me, knows I love dueling pianos!  They were really good and I hung in there with the best of them until 11:00!  It was great to see and catch up with so many friends and family that I haven't seen in awhile. 

Yesterday, I was still going strong.  We went to brunch at Granite City with my parents, Cait, and my family from Buffalo.  After that, we headed back out to Avoca to watch the Bills game and recover from the big weekend!  Upon leaving to head back to Omaha last night, we had to say our goodbye's to the Buffalo crew, which is always sad as we have such a great time with them and don't see them near as often as we'd like. 


All in all, it was a fabulous weekend!  I'll post more pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great! Looks like it was a beautiful day for a wedding. I'm glad you felt good for it. I thought it looked like you were wearing a garter on your arm! :) They did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete