Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Short but sweet!

I'm running a little low on energy, so this post will be short!  The new meds they have put me on this week have helped drastically with the vomiting and nausea.  I have had NONE!  This has been amazing!  Of course though, as always with me, if it's not one thing, it's another!  The new meds cause insomnia...so my sleep schedule is all off and causing lovely bags under my eyes!  I've decided though, I'll take the insomnia versus the vomiting and nausea!

I met with Dr. Duckert my radiologist today and he did another exam to take a look at the tumor.  He again was VERY pleased with what he saw, saying that it has shrank 20% from just a week ago when he checked!  We still have a lot ahead of us, most importantly being implant radiation.  I have an MRI on Friday to help plan for this, but it will more than likely be 5 treatments spread out over 2 1/2 weeks starting the week of November 7th.  After all this treatment will probably be the longest road, first and foremost making sure the tumor is GONE...then getting frequent checks every 3 months for 18 months to make sure it doesn't come back!  BUT...Dr. Duckert keeps telling me, "This is so cureable, and I am so pleased with how well you are responding!"  Continuously hearing that helps me get through each day, along with all of YOUR well wishes, cards, and prayers! 

Thank you!
Meighan

No comments:

Post a Comment