Friday, November 4, 2011

Little Victories

Well I think I may have figured out what Dr. Morris meant about winning the race.  I have successfully completed chemo and now radiation, two races out of the entire meet.  Next race, implant radiation.  Looking at this entire ordeal like it's a track meet with individual races seems fitting.  I've had many hurdles I've had to jump over (sometimes them feeling like that last hurdle of the 400m hurdles...ugh), I've been physically exhausted after treatments, and I've had to mentally prepare myself for everything from treatments to getting out of bed in the morning.  It's only fitting that Jerrid just accepted the head girls track coach position at Papillion South, as he has been my coach throughout all of this.  Running hills, ab workouts, ect...the guy is a mad man and doesn't stop!  Seriously though, he has held my hand through it all, pushed me to keep fighting, and helped keep me strong!

Today was my last day of radiation; it's almost bittersweet.  It's been a looooooong six weeks, that I wasn't sure was ever going to end.  I couldn't be happier though, as it seems those weeks were totally worth all the hell they were.  My tumor responded very well ("surprisingly well" as Dr. Duckert said today) to the six week course of treatment.  He also said, he's ready to "finish it off" with implant radiation...I'm ready for that too!

So, now what?  Well I'm going to celebrate the end of 6 weeks of treatment!  Not sure how I'm going to celebrate yet, but I'm going to!  I'm feeling better and better each day, and more and more like my old self!  Therefore, I'm hoping to get out and about this weekend, enjoy some friends (maybe even my friends Bloody Mary and Bud Light...we'll see what the taste buds say) that I haven't seen in awhile and celebrate!

Thank you for all of your support throughout these last, not only 6 weeks, but the past 2 months!  We truly have an amazing support system!

Have a great weekend!
Meighan


No comments:

Post a Comment