Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nothing sugar coated here...

Well yesterday proved to be about the worst day yet, and from what doctor's and nurses are telling me...every Tuesday will probably be the same.  Since I'm going through the same schedule every week:  Chemo on Monday, radiation Monday through Friday...I can probably expect the side effects to be the same every week.

Yesterday, the nausea feeling was overwhelming (even with taking the meds the prescribed me)...even the slightest bit of movement made me feel as if I was going to vomit.  I didn't move from my bed much of the day, and if I wasn't sleeping I was just staring off into space.  I didn't have the energy to read or walk down the stairs to watch TV.  My mother, being the amazing mother she is, was by my side all day still shoving chicken noodle soup and water down my throat.  She keeps reminding me, "You have to eat and stay hydrated to keep your energy up."  I know I have to do this, but it's hard to do when you're feeling that crappy.  So once again...thank goodness for my mother!

Last night my brother and Linsey brought over supper...it looked good, but I didn't think I could stomach it.  I did join them on the couch though.  Even if I don't get to eat all the great food people are bringing, I'm glad Jerrid and Brayden are eating well.  Jerrid is concerned that he is going to gain weight through all of this.

This morning, I was still feeling a little nauseous, but it had subsided some.  After radiation today, I came home and went back to bed.  At the moment, I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm on the couch, watching TV, checking email, typing a blog, fixing my own lunch, and filling my own water cup...these are all GREAT improvements from yesterday!  I'm hoping as each day passes after Tuesday, I feel better and better.  Only to have to do it all over again week after week...but hopefully it's only 7 weeks of my life! :)  I'll be seeing Dr. Morris, my oncologist, every Monday before chemo, so I'm going to see if I can get some more powerful nausea meds.  If not, I'll just learn to deal with it I guess!

Well that's all for now...cancer sucks, chemo sucks, recovering from surgery sucks...but soon enough this will all be behind us and I'll probably have more fight in me than I did before...so watch out LVJH! :)







2 comments: