Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So far...so good...

Well I'm knocking on wood as I type, but so far I'm nausea free!  I've slept a lot today, as I'm exhausted, but other than that all is well.  I'm just hoping the nausea doesn't show up later in the week once the meds they gave me before chemo wear off.  I'd rather feel crappy during the week than on the weekends.  But as they said this is all a trial and error thing, and I'm sure we'll have it figured out once I'm on my last treatment! :)

Radiation went smooth as always today, and my marks have been on for over a week now.  SO...big day...I got my tattoo's!  In all actuality these are very small little dots, and nothing that special!  I am amazed everyday by my radiation treatment.  I don't feel anything, I don't see anything, I just lay on this table and this thing swings around me and makes some noises.  It's hard to believe that this is what is curing my cancer.  BUT...I guess these people know what they are doing! :)


Well I guess that's all for today!  Nothing too exciting, but that's ok sometimes!

Meighan

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear the nausea has lessened. You and the fam are in our continuous prayers...hopefully we can hang out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meighan: Just wanted to share with you a cute poem that I found on the internet and hung on my refridgerator while taking radiation last winter. I think it helped me.
    As Simple as ABC…..

    Attitude is the key- be positive!
    Believe in yourself- that you will get through your adversity.
    Cheer others with your sunny disposition.
    Donate your time to those less fortunate.
    Eat dessert first!
    Find a humor buddy to exchange jokes with.
    Give the gift of laughter.
    Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee. Tickle your funny bone.
    Invite your friends over for a celebration.
    Join a support group.
    Keep your spirits up.
    Laugh at least twelve times daily!
    Make a journal of all the funny experiences you've had.
    Nurse yourself with special treats every day.
    Order something whimsical from a catalog.
    Pursue a passion- something you have always wanted to do.
    Quit that bad habit today!
    Read a humorous book.
    Smile at everyone you pass by.
    Talk to an old friend you have not heard from in ages.
    Upbeat books, tapes and videos can cheer you.
    Visit your relatives- even the ones who annoy you.
    Write thank you notes to your caregivers.
    Xercise daily.
    Yes I Can are words to repeat every day.
    Zzzzz?get plenty of rest to be your best!

    Christine Clifford Beckwith, President/CEO of The Cancer Club

    ReplyDelete