Friday, June 15, 2012

Brown rice and lentils?!?!

Yes...believe it or not, this was part of my supper last night...along with salmon and asparagus!  I wasn't a fan of the brown rice and lentils.  They were very similar to refried beans, which I can not stand.  I still took about 5 bites though, and every little bit has got to help, right?

Well this meal is just a glimpse into my new diet...it includes lots of green veggies, tomatoes,  fish and shrimp, berries, stone fruit, whole-grain and wheat breads and pastas, organic meat and poultry in moderation, green tea, things seasoned with turmeric, olive oil, and garlic, and the list goes on. 

Last night Jerrid put every green veggie he could find through our juicer along with some pears...it wasn't awful...but I have since found some new recipes to hopefully make it taste a little better!

Well at 11:38 am on Friday, June 15th, I am finally feeling pretty close to myself.  I think the side effect that has lasted the longest has been fatigue.  I continued to feel pretty good most of Tuesday.  About two in the afternoon, I got really flushed and this lasted the rest of the day and night, but I never did run a fever.  The nausea set in around four on Tuesday and lasted until about four on Wednesday...not too bad.  I was able to drink my 72 ounces of liquid and keep some food down which was a huge feat.  I was trying my hardest and pushed through dry heaving a couple of times, and I prevailed!  Yesterday, I was very tired and the littlest things take it all out of me...like walking up and down the stairs.  I'm trying to take it easy though, as I don't want to overdo it so I can hopefully have a good couple of weeks before my next treatment.  Sleeping at night as been touch and go...some nights are good...last night, not so much!  Chemo can cause body aches, and that is what seems to keep me up at night...so last night I finally took some Tylenol PM so I could get some sleep!  Today I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and maybe seeing a movie this evening with Jerrid...I'm sure a nap will be in the cards too!

Over the past few days, I've had a lot of visitors and care givers which have allowed Jerrid and Brayden to get out of the house...thank you, thank you, thank you!  I've also received many cards, texts, messages, and emails...as before, those are what keep me going, so thank you for your uplifting words and continued prayers!

Until next time,
Meighan

No comments:

Post a Comment