Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Things are starting to look up!

On Monday morning I woke up pretty early with a lot of pain on the right side of my back.  It was pretty painful so I emailed my doctor.  He thought it could be due to the fluid in my abdomen, so he said to let him know how I felt after my procedure.  By the time I got to the hospital for my procedure the pain was getting a little better.  My procedure went well and they got out about 500 cc's of fluid this time.  My abdomen is a lot more comfortable, but of course nothing can go smoothly for me.  In order to get out all the fluid they wanted they rooted around in there, which then caused me to be in a lot of pain afterwards.  So...I went home with pain in the right side of my back and the left side of my abdomen.  When I got home I just laid on my back propped up on a lot of pillows and didn't move the rest of the night.  By this morning, I was feeling better and able to move a lot easier without being in a ton of pain.  So after lunch I decided it was probably time I got some exercise beings I haven't moved much from my bed the past few days.  Of course though it is too hot here to walk outside (or so I thought), so mom and I went to the mall.  :)  

Mom and I are doing a pretty good job of finding our way around.  She is the driver and I am the navigator.  I've realized us kids obviously didn't get our sense of direction from her...sense of direction is definitely a McCarthy trail!  Now that she's finally learning her way around here, of course, she leaves on Thursday.  Luckily, she won't be gone long though and will be back with Brayden next Wednesday.  Jerrid will hopefully get here tomorrow night, just in time to get a good night's rest before our big day of testing on Thursday!  That's right...I finally heard something!  On Thursday, I will go in for lab work, an EKG, a CT scan, and a chest xray.  These tests all need to be done before treatment can start.  So...I'm in hopes that treatment will hopefully start Monday!  Keep those fingers crossed and keep praying!!!

Thanks for all your support,
Meighan


No comments:

Post a Comment