Friday, November 2, 2012

Again...if it's not one thing...it's another!

I know in my last post I stated that I was feeling better, and was hoping that things continued to look up.  Well...that didn't really happen.  I continued to feel very lethargic and had zero energy.  I just kept thinking that this was just the effects of my chemo though, so I wasn't too worried about it.  Jerrid was worried though so I emailed Dr. Subbiah on Thursday.  He asked me to come in today.  I went in at 7:00 am to get blood drawn and then back by 9:00 to see Dr. Subbiah.  My labs came back saying that my magnesium was low, but up from last time.  My hemoglobin was good, but my calcium was really high.  My calcium being high was their biggest concern.  Apparently, when tumors break down they release things and calcium being one of them.  SO...good news...tumors are breaking down!  Bad news...high calcium isn't a good thing.  Dr. Subbiah wanted to admit me right away, so we headed to Hospital Admissions.  Once we got down there (10:30 am) they told me they didn't have any beds and were sending me home until one opened up (which could be hours.)  So I emailed Dr. Subbiah and he emailed right back saying to come back to his clinic and he would sort this out.  So back we went.  Dr. Subbiah then called down to the ER and admitted me there until a bed would open up in the hospital.  We finally got into the ER around noon and started some fluids sometime after 1:00.  They also gave me some magnesium while I was there.  At 5:20, I was told a room had opened up for me...good thing I didn't go home and wait!  JEEZ!  So now I'm in my luxury hospital room continuing to get fluids.  This will continue until tomorrow morning and I will have blood drawn in the morning.  Once my levels come back, as long as they are good I will be discharged.  My nurse up here thinks I will be just by looking at me.  She says most patients she sees with high calcium can barely function and are very lethargic...well she didn't see me this morning! :)  But good thing is, I am feeling better and Jerrid and my mom say I'm looking better too.  So as always with me...if it's not one thing, it's another! :)

Brayden made it to town and seems to be enjoying himself.  Jerrid's sister Jina was here Wednesday night til this morning and his sister Jessica and her kiddos Eli and Gabby got into town tonight.  Hopefully I'm ready to roll tomorrow and can break out of here to finally enjoy sometime with family. 

Until next time,
Meighan

1 comment: