Sunday, November 20, 2011

24 hours to go

What a day yesterday was!  I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before, which i think is due to the morphine.  My sleep pattern went something like this:  so tired I fall asleep while reading/typing, sleep for 3 to 5 minutes, wake up feeling as if I've slept for 3 hours, repeat.  I did get a couple longer spurts in, sleeping for about an hour and a half once and an hour another time.  I think I got up for the day yesterday around 6, as this is when they start coming in to get my vitals, draw blood, and shift changes.  In the morning I spent some quality time on Pinterest, yes, I'm getting addicted just like everyone else.  Since I don't get to go back to work when I expected, I've found some thrifty decorating projects to work on, some projects for the re-organization of Brayden's rooms/toy, and some hand made Christmas gifts...only some of you will be lucky enough to receive one of these!  In all actuality, these ideas sound quick and easy, but we'll see if I actually get any of them done.  A good start would be for me to stop "pinning" and start making! 

After a couple hours on Pinterest, Brayden's babysitter, Amy, came to visit.  It was great catching up with her as we usually just chat in the midst of me dropping off or picking up Brayden.  Amy left around 11:30 and at that time Jerrid was getting back from basketball and my friend Rachel, from school showed up.  Jerrid didn't stay long, as he was headed to watch the Husker game with some friends.  Rachel stayed through the afternoon, which was great.  Her and I co-taught together last year, but aren't on the same team this year.  So when I was at school we didn't get to see each other nearly as much as we did last year, or eat lunch together.  It was great catching up with her, hearing about things at school, and hearing about her family.  As Rachel was getting ready to leave my Uncle Bob and Aunt Kris showed up, and Jerrid returned back after the brutal game.  After Bob and Kris went to go grab a bite to eat my mom and dad showed up, and our friend Mitch.  This was when I was starting to get delirious from lack of sleep along with the morphine drip, I think.  I'm not sure if the deliriousness is due to the morphine really getting to me, lack of sleep, the days starting to blend together because I can't get out of bed, my hemoglobin level being really low, or if it's just a compilation of it all.  I was constantly asking Jerrid the same thing or telling the same story, falling asleep mid-sentence, feeling as if I was half asleep/dreaming but still awake having a conversation.  I guess if anything I'm starting to sound crazy.  But you would too if you couldn't get out of your bed, couldn't eat, had multiple tubes and cords hooked up to you that you're constantly fighting with whenever you make the slightest movement, and had a contraption the size of an Easy Cheese bottle half way inside of you, halfway outside of you.  So crazy or not, I needed to try something in order to start functioning a little better.  Dr. Duckert ordered a blood transfusion to hopefully help with the hemoglobin levels.  My parents kept telling me to just close my eyes for awhile, so I did, but as always that only lasted for about 5 minutes.  So after one cat nap and my blood transfusion, I was feeling a little better or less crazy.  Our friends Jeff and Lacey showed up too.  After an hour or so of visiting, Jeff, Lacey, Jerrid, and Mitch went and grabbed a bite to eat.  They assured me they weren't going anywhere good and it was going to be awful service and food.  My parents left to meet friends at Bonefish for supper, I know better than to believe that they were going to have poor service and food.  You're probably thinking, how rude, everyone is leaving you to go eat.  Well no worries though...Sam to the rescue, along with Kellie and Kramer.  They came and kept me company while everyone else went to eat.  I also forced Jerrid to go eat, the last thing he needed to do all weekend was sit in the hospital with his crazy and delirious wife.  Also, I have started a list of ALL the foods that must be at my disposal when I am able to eat again. 

So yesterday was a jam packed day of visitors, but it was awesome and I wouldn't have had it any other way!  It was great to see everybody, catch up, and it made the day fly by.  They gave me some Ambien last night to help me sleep and that made a world of difference, I woke feeling very rested.  My hemoglobin levels were up to 8.2, but I am still going to have one more blood transfusion today, just to be on the safe side and keep the levels up.  I also get to start introducing some liquids, crackers, and toast later today.  Sounds like I've got some more visitors coming today and I'm looking forward to that.  I'm also looking forward to getting caught up on some of my DVR'd shows and maybe a book. 

Tomorrow, around 7 a.m. my implant will be pulled out.  I will then get to shower, and eat whatever I want!  I will also get my PICC line out tomorrow...this is very exciting!  I haven't been able to shower normally for about 8 weeks because I can't get it wet.  So, I'm looking forward to it coming out and a normal shower!  Lastly, I'm hoping for a late afternoon discharge.  I should go home feeling pretty well, just sore in a couple areas and a little exhausted, but that is to be expected.

Thank you for everyone's thoughts and prayers during my hospital stay!  Thanks to all of you who have visited and brought flowers and things to make the days go by faster!  We have such an amazing support group, and wouldn't have gotten through all of this without all of you!

Thank you,
Meighan, Jerrid, Brayden, and Mogi

No comments:

Post a Comment