Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to Reality



Well we're back from vacation and back to reality...ugh!  One would think I'd want to escape reality forever, but I was actually looking forward to getting back, getting another round of chemo in, and getting back into my routine.  So once I was back, I took a nap, went and got groceries, quick trip to Target, ate supper, walked on the treadmill, and shaved my head.  I was feeling pretty stressed upon returning...but after I shaved my head...I felt much better.  It is such a stress reliever and so liberating...I'm not sure if I'll ever grow my hair back, I enjoyed shaving it so much?!

We went on vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a week with my mom's family.  It was absolutely wonderful and everything a vacation should be...lots of sitting and relaxing...sitting by water none-the-less!

This was about all I did all week long.  Either sat the by ocean, or...

Relaxing in the pool.

The boys built a lot of sand castles and did a lot of swimming...we couldn't keep Brayden out of the pool!  Jerrid also enjoyed riding the waves with the boogie board.







We left North Carolina on Saturday morning at six am and got back to Avoca on Sunday morning at 5 am.  Brayden was doing really well on the drive, and we just wanted to be home so we kept driving.  I'm glad we did, that way we had all day yesterday to get some things done before chemo today.  We of course have plenty to still do (and chances are I'm going to be pretty useless the next four days), but I'm going to work on some things while at chemo today and Jerrid is going to go do something things while I'm here.  Terrible use of resources with us both just sitting around at chemo all day.

My hemoglobin has continued to drop, but Dr. Morris isn't overly concerned since it's slowly dropping and not a drastic drop.  They are surprised that I am doing as well as I am even with my hemoglobin so low, and surprised that I'm not really having any side effects yet.  Dr. Morris asked me if I was sure there wasn't anything I wanted to complain about...I had nothing?!  He even contemplated putting me on a weekly med for my hemoglobin just so he could see a positive face every week, but with school starting his nurse talked him into the three week med and I can just get it with my chemo. They are going to start me on a new med every time I come in for chemo that should help pull up my hemoglobin and maybe even prevent a blood transfusion in the near future...here's to hoping it works!  

My chemo schedule is going to change a little with school starting.  I'm going to have it on Thursday's now...hoping that I'll only have to take Thursday, Friday, Monday, and possibly Tuesday off of school...have a shorter week to get through and then another weekend to rest up and then back to school full time until the next round.  As is my life now...we'll just see how it goes and take it one day at a time.

Love,
Meighan




1 comment:

  1. Keep on staying strong Mugsy - I LOVE getting these updates and your attitude is infectious!!! You look absolutely fabulous in these pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete